Monday, March 17, 2008

Townie Lovin'

One aspect of realism that I love in my neighborhood is watching townies create relationships. Inevitably, some townies will have personalities that can't help but clash. In a former neighborhood, I had one particular townie sim who would get in a fight every single time she visited a lot. She had a favorite punching bag, but in her absence would take on pretty much anyone.

Prospect Beach so far is lacking in the MOAR FIGHT category. But what's it's not lacking is plenty of townies getting it on with each other in public (aka The Hibbity Quotient). I find it interesting to note which townie has fallen in love with which other townie, and I try to avoid adding romantic entanglements between my playable sims and "taken" townie sims. For now.

Sometimes townie love gets in the way of my fluid plans. There is a particular townie I've liked since she was a teen...one Belinda Cannon. She's a frequent patron at Dance! and has so much personality. She's black with this unreal red hair she wears in a long bowl cut. As a teen, she sported a leopard-skin body suit. As an adult, she's toned it down a bit but is wearing jeans, a jacket, and a leopard-skin tank top. I don't change townie appearances until they marry in (if then), so this was all chance. She's a bit dorky and seems to be friends with everyone. I'd been planning on marrying her into my playables, but what does she do at a as-yet-unshared wedding? Yup. Makes out with and falls in love with another townie. Bah. Another curve ball.

Thanks to:
Autonomous Casual Romance (ACR), by TwoJeffs, formerly of MATY and now of Inteen.

No comments: